A Great Place for Business:
Guilford, CT is a growing, economically mixed, historic shoreline community with excellent transportation links and an active business support network. It is central to the Connecticut health-science corridor defined by New Haven, Wallingford and Groton/New London, and is an attractive location for distinctive retail, commercial and service businesses.
A Growing Community. . .
- Population 22,400+
- Median family income $99,000, more than twice the US average, more than 1.4 times the Connecticut average
- Popular bedroom community for United States and international residents on assignment at shoreline corporations
Transportation . . .
- A two-hour drive on I-95 to both Boston and New York
- A one-hour drive to Bradley International Airport (Hartford/Springfield, MA), 75 minutes to T.F. Green International Airport (Providence, RI), convenient to NYC, JFK, LaGuardia and Newark Airports.
- Commuter rail links to New Haven/New London, with high speed train connections (AMTRAK Acella) beyond to New York, Boston, and Washington, D.C.
An Active Business Support Network . . .
- Active Shoreline Chamber of Commerce
- Town Economic Development commission with salaried staff specialist, plus State EDC, Office of Tourism and business development offices
- Numerous banking and financial institutions
- Vibrant, attractive business core along Boston Post Road (Route 1), and Town Center/Green
- Seasonal tourism from rental units, seasonal tour packages and day-visitors boosts local business demand.
The Connecticut Health Corridor . . .
- Three major pharmaceutical companies within commuting distance
- Yale-New Haven Shoreline Medical Center
- Spin-off biotech/health services research companies from start-up to established
- Educational programs in medical technology and health-related services at area colleges.
Perfect for Retail, Commercial or Services Businesses . . .
- Home of numerous manufacturing businesses
- Home of technology service business with national client bases
- Seeking businesses that preserve the Town’s distinctive character while adding to the economic base.