Get Help with Your Heating Bills
With the heating season upon us, the Town of Guilford is partnering with Eversource on the first Heating Assistance Awareness Month to raise awareness of the many programs available to help pay or lower your heating bill.
If you or someone you know is struggling to keep up with energy bills, now is the time to connect with Eversource to get assistance. To find the right options for you, call 800-286-2828 or visit <Stay Warm> (http://www.eversource.com/billhelp).
There is a plan for everyone, including:
State and Federal Assistance Plans
- Get money towards your heating bills through Connecticut’s Energy Assistance Program and Operation Fuel.
- Renters can receive assistance for past due electric bills and rent through UniteCT.
- Keep your energy service on while you get caught up on your bill with a protection plan such as Winter Protection Plan or Medical Protection for customers facing financial or medical hardship.
- Lower your monthly payment and eliminate a past due account balance with programs like New Start and Matching Payment Program.
- Take advantage of extended payment plans, or tame seasonal spikes in your energy bills by paying a fixed amount each month with Budget Billing.
Energy Efficiency Plans
- Eversource can help you find ways to make your home more comfortable while lowering your energy usage and bill. No-cost solutions are available for qualifying customers.
Please help us raise awareness by sharing this important information with friends, neighbors, and family. Let’s help keep every home in (insert community) warm this winter.