- This event has passed.
Board of Selectmen Public Hearing
March 31 @ 7:30 pm - 8:30 pm
The meeting will be held by teleconference. To access the conference dial 605-468-8035 Access Code is 9374781.
In light of the COVID-19 Coronavirus outbreak and in lieu of the public hearing, residents are asked to submit their comments regarding the matter below in writing to:
Office of the First Selectman 31 Park Street Guilford, CT 06437 or via e-mail to email@example.com.
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Town of Guilford will conduct a public hearing by the Board of Selectmen on Tuesday, March 31, 2020 at 7:30 p.m. at 31 Park Street, Guilford, CT to discuss the Fiscal Year 2020 Community Development Block Grant program and to solicit citizen input.
Maximum award limits:
- Up to $1,500,000 for Public Housing Modernization (including predevelopment and construction);
- Up to $800,000 for a Housing Rehabilitation Program;
- Up to $1,000,000 for Infrastructure (e.g., streets and sidewalks);
- Up to $350,000 for Public Services (Youth Homelessness and Shelter Diversion programs in participation with CAN); and
- Up to $1,000,000 for Public Facilities (e.g., construction, reconstruction, rehabilitation or installation of public facilities and improvements and fire protection equipment).
Major activity categories are: Acquisition, Housing Rehabilitation, Public Housing Modernization, Community Facilities, Public Services, and Economic Development. Projects funded with CDBG allocations must carry out at least one of three National Objectives: benefit to low- and moderate-income persons, elimination of slums and blight, or meeting urgent community development needs.