Registrar of Voters

31 Park Street, Guilford, CT 06437
Monday 1:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. | Wednesday 1:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. | Friday 1:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Phone: (203) 453-8028
Fax: (203) 453-8028
Email: Registrar of Voters

Gloria Nemczuk, Registrar
Lisa G. Kops, Registrar

A voter  registration session Tuesday, July 28 from 1 to 3 pm at Guilford Town Hall, 31 Park St., for the August 11th Presidential Primary. The deadline to switch parties has passed.

  • New voter mail-in registrations must be dated August 6 or before. Mail-in registrations for unaffiliated voters changing to a party must be received by August 6.  After August 6, registrations must be made in person.
  • The last day for in-person voter registration is August 10 by Noon.
  • You may also register “on line” to vote. Go to

    Office Hours: MWF 1-4:30     Phone: 203-453-8028

The Presidential primary for the State of Connecticut for all registered active Democrat and Republican voters will be Tuesday, August 11.  If you are registered In Guilford you can vote in person at your regular polling place from 6 am until 8 pm.  If you wish to vote by absentee ballot, every voter should have received an application for an absentee ballot in the mail.  You may fill that out, return to the Town Clerk’s office and vote absentee for August 11.

August 11, 2020,  Presidential Preference Primary – all polling places open 6 AM to 8 PM

You must registered with the Democratic or Republican party to vote in this primary,

November 3, 2020, Federal/State Election –  all polling places open 6 AM to 8 PM.    

There are two registrars of voters, one each from the Democratic and Republican parties. They are elected to 4-year terms at the regular state election.

They are responsible for keeping the lists of qualified voters and enrolled party members. Annually the names and addresses of all registered voters are verified.

Voting in Connecticut

You must be:

    • A U.S. citizen
    • A bona fide resident of a Connecticut town
    • At least 18 years old

(Seventeen-year-olds that will be 18 by Election Day may register up to 180 days before the election.)

Notify your Registrar if you change your name or move within your town. You may register in a party when you are made a voter.

You May Register At:

      • At Town Hall between the hours of 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
      • At special voter making sessions
      • By mail registration
      • Register in any Connecticut Town Hall and your registration will be forwarded to Guilford
      • Applications are also available at the Guilford Free Library
      • Online Voter Registration (

Absentee Ballots may be obtained for reasons of illness or physical disability, absence from town during voting hours, religious beliefs which forbid secular activity on Election Day, active military service, as an election official at another polling place.  Obtain an application for Absentee Ballot from the Town Clerk, or call the Town Clerk’s Office at 203-453-8001.