Welcome to the Town
of Guilford, CT
A benchmark in the elegant history of Connecticut,
rich and full of life, we take pride in our town and
are pleased that you’ve decided to visit us.
Like us on Facebook!
Click on the links below.
Guilford Town Updates:
- 10-24-14 - The State of Connecticut has launched an Ebola virus information website. More information and a link to the website can be found here: State Ebola Information Website
- 10-22-14 - 2014/2015 Heating Season Energy Assistance.
- 10-16-14 - The North side of the Train Station Parking Lot will be closed October 27 - October 31 from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- 10-16-14 - Guilford Press Release on Webster Bank Robbery. photo 1 / photo 2 / photo 3 / photo 4
- 10-08-14 - Sample Ballots for the November 4, 2014 Election. Ballot for Districts 1,2,3&5 and Ballot for District 4.
- 10-08-14 - ***Notice*** Starting on November 1, 2014 there will be a change in the operating hours of the Transfer Station. The new schedule will be Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday from 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. It will still be closed on Wednesday and Sunday.
- 10-03-14 - The Guilford Police Departments wants to alert residents to a number of vehicle break-ins on Little Meadow Road, Latern Hill Road and Nut Plains Road. more information
- 10-01-14 - Plan of Conservation and Development Update Information.
- 9-29-14 - Think Twice Before Posting Signs on Public Trees & Utility Poles. more information / photo
- 9-26-14 - Important Safety Reminders from CL&P to protect customers from scams.
- 9-24-14 - The Planning and Zoning Commission will hold a public hearing on the Community Coastal Resilience Plan on Wednesday November 18, 2014, 7:30 p.m. at the Community Center.
- 9-23-14 - Absentee ballots will be available October 3 for the November 4 election. You need to fill out an absentee ballot application before a ballot can be issued.
- 9-16-14 - The Board of Selectmen is looking for individuals interested in serving on a Housing Grant Study Committe Project Team. The purpose of this committee is to conduct a study, utilizing a $20,000 grant the town has received, to explore areas for additional affordable housing. If you are interested in serving on this committee, send a letter and a brief biography to the Selectman's Office, 31 Park Street. If you would like more information on the committee please contact Town Planner George Kral at 203-453-8032.
- 9-02-14 - Getting to be last call for 375th Merchandise, We still have tshirts (wouldn't it be great to march in the Parade wearing one?) hats, bells, books and photos! email firstname.lastname@example.org if interested in anything. Clearance pricing! $10 shirts, $12 hats, and more. All proceeds go to pay for all activities for the Guilford 375th Anniversary Celebration.
- 8-21-14 - Shoreline Chamber Sponsor's Guilford's first Chowder Challenge for a Cause on Saturday September 27, 2014 from 12 noon to 3 p.m. at the Guilford Green Merchant District. more information
- 7-28-14 - Public Works will begin its Summer 2014 Chip Seal Program beginning the week of August 18, 2014. more information / road list.
- 8-13-14 - It's time to register for the Fall 2014 Parks and Recreation Programs. The Fall Brochure can be found at http://www.guilfordparkrec.com/pdfs/Fall%202014%20Brochure.pdf
- 8-18-14 - The Human Services Council is accpeting applications for funding for FY2015-2016. Copies of the application are available in Word format or PDF and are due September 25, 2014.
- 7-31-14 - Shoreline homeowners and businesses who are subject to coastal flooding can now apply for assistance under a new state low-interest loan program designed to help those residents elevate their homes and businesses from future severe weather and flooding. more information
- 5-28-14 - Elderly and Disabled Rent Rebate Program Information.
- 5-12-14 - Notice Regarding Proposed Cell Tower at 655 Little Meadow Road: AT&T is in the proposal stage to potentially construct a cell tower at this location. This process is governed by the Connecticut Siting Council and they will accept any letters of opposition from residents. If you have concerns regarding the location of this tower please send your letter to Melanie Bachman, Staff Attorney/Acting Executive Director, Connecticut Siting Council, 10 Franklin Square, New Britain, CT 06051. If you would like the town to notify you of any information we receive regarding this proposal, provide us your email address by sending an email to email@example.com siting council procedure
- 3-26-14 - A reminder that according to Town Code Section 214-2 (N) – Dogs, except for Seeing dogs, or other pets are prohibited from town property, unless they are on a leash or lead a maximum of seven feet in length and under control of the owner/keeper at all times. Dogs or other pets are also prohibited from digging and destroying lawn or vegetation or causing an annoyance to other property users. In addition, owners/keepers are required to remove and dispose of any animal defecation immediately from the property.
- 3-10-14 - The Guilford Police Department wants to alert residents to fake kidnapping scams. more information
- 2-25-14 - New Financing Program Gives Residents an Opportunity for Greater Energy Savings. more information
- 7-26-13 - Revaluation Questions and Answers.
-Guilford signs up for new, free
Prescription Drug Discount Program offered by the Connecticut Conference of
Municipalities for residents of
its member towns and cities. more information /www.CTRxDiscountCard.com
- 2-19-13 - Looking for Help? A Directory of Human and
Social Services Available to Guilford
Residents. more information
- 8-28-12 - A reminder to
anyone who has not registered their cell numbers
with CT Alert to do so. Being
registered enables you to receive Reverse 911
calls and information regarding any emergency.
Please register as soon as possible as we head
into Hurricane and eventually the Winter
- Connecticut Resources
Recovery Authority- your
recycling program is better and greener than
* Numerous documents are in PDF format and
require Adobe Acrobat Reader. *