Welcome to the Town
of Guilford, CT
A benchmark in the elegant history of Connecticut,
rich and full of life, we take pride in our town and
are pleased that you’ve decided to visit us.
Like us on Facebook!
Click on the links below.
Guilford Town Updates
- 10-07-15 - Holiday Food Basket Program Information.
- 10-01-15 - The October 5, 2015 Water Pollution Control Authority Meeting has been rescheduled to October 26, 2015.
- 9-22-15 - NOTICE: Due to the installation and training for a new permitting system, Town Hall South located at 50 Boston Street will be closing daily (Monday-Friday) at 1:00 p.m. starting Wednesday, September 23, 2015. This new schedule will continue until at least the end of the month. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
- 9-03-15 - NOTICE - The State of Connecticut Department of Transportation schedule for Route 1 road improvements is as follows: Milling of Route 1 from the Branford/Guilford line to York Street will take place September 13-24 and Paving will follow September 27-October 13.
- 9-03-15 - Public Works has been responding to an increasing problem with street and stop sign theft. This theft of signs is costing the town significant money and time. Take notice that anyone caught stealing signs will be prosecuted and fined to the fullest extent of the law.
- 8-25-15 - Work on Chaffinch Island Road will begin on September 1. As a result, Chaffinch Island Park will be closed for the month of September.
- 8-24-15 - The Guilford Human Services Council Application for Town Funds for FY2015-2016 is now available online. Completed applications are due by September 24, 2015. word format / pdf format.
- 8-10-15 - Public Works has started its 2015 Road Chip Seal Program. Please refrain from parking on or near the roads being chip sealed during this time. road list
- 7-28-15 - Eversource contractors (Asplundh Tree Experts and Lucas Tree Service) will be performing tree work along their utility lines. They are working on roads primarily east of Route 77. road listing
- 5-12-14 - Notice Regarding Proposed Cell Tower at 655 Little Meadow Road: AT&T is in the proposal stage to potentially construct a cell tower at this location. This process is governed by the Connecticut Sitting Council and they will accept any letters of opposition from residents. If you have concerns regarding the location of this tower please send your letter to Melanie Bachman, Staff Attorney/Acting Executive Director, Connecticut Sitting Council, 10 Franklin Square, New Britain, CT 06051. If you would like the town to notify you of any information we receive regarding this proposal, provide us your email address by sending an email to email@example.com sitting council procedure
- 2-19-13 - Looking for Help? A Directory of Human and
Social Services Available to Guilford
Residents. more information
- 8-28-12 - A reminder to
anyone who has not registered their cell numbers
with CT Alert to do so. Being
registered enables you to receive Reverse 911
calls and information regarding any emergency.
Please register as soon as possible as we head
into Hurricane and eventually the Winter
- Connecticut Resources
Recovery Authority- your
recycling program is better and greener than
* Numerous documents are in PDF format and
require Adobe Acrobat Reader. *