Welcome to the Town
of Guilford, CT
A benchmark in the elegant history of Connecticut,
rich and full of life, we take pride in our town and
are pleased that you’ve decided to visit us.
Like us on Facebook!
Click on the links below.
Guilford Town Updates:
- 4-30-15 - Congratulations to Guilford's Nick Fradiani for making it into the Top 4 on American Idol! To welcome him home on Friday, May 1 the Town is planning a parade at 3 p.m. from Rollwood Park (near the Whitfield Museum) up to the Town Green. A concert by Nick will follow at 4 p.m. on the Green. more information
- 4-22-15 - Referendum Results: The budget and all bonding questions passed. see totals
- 4-21-15 - PLEASE VOTE!!! The Budget Referendum is scheduled for today TUESDAY, APRIL 21, 2015, 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. at all five polling locations. 2015-2016 Guilford Budget /First Selectman's Budget Presentation. / sample ballot / legal notice
- 4-21-15 - Press Release - Guilford Planners Are Looking Long Term.
- 4-13-15 - Major retailers for Guilford Commons have been announced. press release / picture 1 /picture 2
- 4-13-15 - Congratulations to the Guilford High School Apple Pi Robotics team, who will competing in the World Robotics Championship taking place in St. Louis. The #1 seeded alliance of Apple Pi, Mechanical Mayhem and the Cyber Knights won the New England District Regional for 2015, which included the 60 highest ranked teams in New England. We wish them luck in the World Championships.
- 3-20-15 - The Planning and Zoning Commission is conducting a public hearing on the revised Plan of Conservation and Development on May 27, 2015, 7:30 p.m. at the Community Centers. Comments can be sent to the Planning and Zoning e-mail address - firstname.lastname@example.org Plan of Conservation and Development draft.
- 3-11-15 - Watch Guilford's Nick Fradiani again tonight on American Idol. proclamation.
- 2-25-15 - The Guilford Police Department is seeking participants for the Citizen's Police Academy on Thursdays from March 26 to May 28, 2015. more information
- 2-05-15 - The Assessor's Office is currently accepting Elderly/Disabled Tax Relief Applications until May 15, 2015. more information
- 1-29-15 - Just a reminder that sidewalks need to be cleared according to town ordinance, which can be found under the following link: Winter Weather Information.
- 1-05-15 - Free Radon Test Kits Available for Guilford Residents - To commemorate January as National Radon Awareness Month the Guilford Health Department has 100 radon test kits to give away. The home test kits must be deployed during the coldest months of January, February and March when furnace heat is utilized. Pick up your free test kit and radon educational material at the Guilford Health Department, 50 Boston Street, 203-453-8118.
- 11-18-14 - Guilford Police to begin its 2014 Click It or Ticket Enforcement Campaign. more information
- 10-22-14 - 2014/2015 Heating Season Energy Assistance.
- 10-01-14 - Plan of Conservation and Development Update Information.
- 9-29-14 - Think Twice Before Posting Signs on Public Trees & Utility Poles. more information / photo
- 7-31-14 - Shoreline homeowners and businesses who are subject to coastal flooding can now apply for assistance under a new state low-interest loan program designed to help those residents elevate their homes and businesses from future severe weather and flooding. more information
- 5-28-14 - Elderly and Disabled Rent Rebate Program Information.
- 5-12-14 - Notice Regarding Proposed Cell Tower at 655 Little Meadow Road: AT&T is in the proposal stage to potentially construct a cell tower at this location. This process is governed by the Connecticut Siting Council and they will accept any letters of opposition from residents. If you have concerns regarding the location of this tower please send your letter to Melanie Bachman, Staff Attorney/Acting Executive Director, Connecticut Siting Council, 10 Franklin Square, New Britain, CT 06051. If you would like the town to notify you of any information we receive regarding this proposal, provide us your email address by sending an email to email@example.com siting council procedure
- 3-26-14 - A reminder that according to Town Code Section 214-2 (N) – Dogs, except for Seeing dogs, or other pets are prohibited from town property, unless they are on a leash or lead a maximum of seven feet in length and under control of the owner/keeper at all times. Dogs or other pets are also prohibited from digging and destroying lawn or vegetation or causing an annoyance to other property users. In addition, owners/keepers are required to remove and dispose of any animal defecation immediately from the property.
- 2-19-13 - Looking for Help? A Directory of Human and
Social Services Available to Guilford
Residents. more information
- 8-28-12 - A reminder to
anyone who has not registered their cell numbers
with CT Alert to do so. Being
registered enables you to receive Reverse 911
calls and information regarding any emergency.
Please register as soon as possible as we head
into Hurricane and eventually the Winter
- Connecticut Resources
Recovery Authority- your
recycling program is better and greener than
* Numerous documents are in PDF format and
require Adobe Acrobat Reader. *