Welcome to the Town
of Guilford, CT
A benchmark in the elegant history of Connecticut,
rich and full of life, we take pride in our town and
are pleased that you’ve decided to visit us.
Like us on Facebook!
Click on the links below.
Guilford Town Updates
- 2-12-16 - There will be a brief power outage this morning for substation work in Guilford - approximately 10 minutes, between noon and 1 p.m. The outage will enable Eversource to safely complete several upgrades at a local substation in Guilford. This will affect approximately 1,100 North Guilford customers. Eversource will be calling those residents directly affected by this brief outage.
- 2-11-16 - The time for the regularly scheduled Board of Selectmen meeting for Tuesday, February 16 has been changed from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- 2-09-16 - Long Cove/ Mulberry Point / Tuttles Point Water Main Extension Updates
- 2-04-16 - The filing period for the Elderly Tax Relief Program runs from February 1 through May 15. Even if you are currently on the program you must refile annually in order to remain in this program. more information
- 1-29-16 - Eversource Transmission Maintenance will be performing maintenance on existing structures in Guilford. The work is not expected to interrupt electric service to Eversource customers. The Maintenance group plans to start approximately Monday 2/1/16 and will be notifying abutters of the work beginning tomorrow. The work is expected to is anticipated to be completed end of spring 2016. (Weather dependent). Access will be from the Eversource right-of-ways located in the following locations: Stepstone Hill Rd, Durham Rd, Michael Dr, Redcoat Ln, Surrey Ln, Long HIll Rd, New England Rd, Briarwood Dr, Jennifers Dr, West Lake Rd, Janeway Dr, and Wilderwood Dr.
- 1-25-16 - The Brush/Leaf Disposal Site is Closed this week due to the snow.
- 1-21-16 - Winter Weather Information
- 12-23-15 - LEGAL NOTICE - All persons liable to pay real estate, motor vehicle supplemental or personal property taxes in the Town of Guilford on the grand list of October 1, 2014 are hereby notified that the second installment of real
estate and personal property taxes are due on January 1, 2016. Motor Vehicle Supplemental taxes of
one installment are also due on January 1, 2016. The last day to pay taxes without penalty is
February 1, 2016. more information
- 12-08-15 - Public Service Announcement - Now that we are approaching the winter months and dusk is arriving early, please be mindful and wear bright/reflective clothing when out walking at night so you are more visibile to motorists. In addition, use sidewalks and crosswalks when available.
- 9-22-15 - NOTICE: Due to the installation and training for a new permitting system, Town Hall South located at 50 Boston Street will be closing daily (Monday-Friday) at 1:00 p.m. until further notice. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
- 10-22-15 - Guilford Fire Department fire boat
- 9-03-15 - Public Works has been responding to an increasing problem with street and stop sign theft. This theft of signs is costing the town significant money and time. Take notice that anyone caught stealing signs will be prosecuted and fined to the fullest extent of the law.
- 5-12-14 - Notice Regarding Proposed Cell Tower at 655 Little Meadow Road: AT&T is in the proposal stage to potentially construct a cell tower at this location. This process is governed by the Connecticut Sitting Council and they will accept any letters of opposition from residents. If you have concerns regarding the location of this tower please send your letter to Melanie Bachman, Staff Attorney/Acting Executive Director, Connecticut Sitting Council, 10 Franklin Square, New Britain, CT 06051. If you would like the town to notify you of any information we receive regarding this proposal, provide us your email address by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org sitting council procedure
- 2-19-13 - Looking for Help? A Directory of Human and
Social Services Available to Guilford
Residents. more information
- 8-28-12 - A reminder to
anyone who has not registered their cell numbers
with CT Alert to do so. Being
registered enables you to receive Reverse 911
calls and information regarding any emergency.
Please register as soon as possible as we head
into Hurricane and eventually the Winter
- Connecticut Resources
Recovery Authority- your
recycling program is better and greener than
* Numerous documents are in PDF format and
require Adobe Acrobat Reader. *