Welcome to the Town
of Guilford, CT
A benchmark in the elegant history of Connecticut,
rich and full of life, we take pride in our town and
are pleased that you’ve decided to visit us.
Like us on Facebook!
Click on the links below.
Guilford Town Updates
- 6-20-16 - To All Guilford Residents: Due to the fact that the vote for Budget passed on June 14, 2016 and the mill rate set by Board of Finance on June 15, 2016, the tax bills will be mailed on or about June 30, 2016 for the October 1, 2015 Grand List. Once bills have been mailed, the Tax Collector then will have the updated tax information in their system. Thank you for your patience.
- 6-02-16 - DOG LICENSES - June is dog licensing month in the State of Connecticut and all dogs six months of age and older must be licensed by June 30 to avoid penalties. Dog owners who licensed their dog last year should be receiving a renewal notice in the mail shortly, but you do not need to wait until you receive the notice. License fees are $8 for spayed or neutered dogs and $19 for dogs that are not spayed or neutered. Penalty fees start July 1st and are an additional $1 per month. Please bring a current rabies certificate and proof of spaying and neutering. You may also renew your license by mail - include a check payable to the Town Clerk along with current rabies and spay/neuter certificate and a self-addressed, stamped envelope and mail to Town Clerk, 31 Park Street, Guilford, CT 06437
- 5-13-16 - The Board of Selectmen conducted a public hearing May 11, 2016, 7:30 p.m. at the Community Center to receive public comment on "An Ordinance to Amend the Code of the Town of Guilford - Chapter 218 Peddling and Soliciting." draft ordinance
- 2-09-16 - Long Cove/ Mulberry Point / Tuttles Point Water Main Extension Updates
- 1-29-16 - Eversource Transmission Maintenance will be performing maintenance on existing structures in Guilford. The work is not expected to interrupt electric service to Eversource customers. The Maintenance group plans to start approximately Monday 2/1/16 and will be notifying abutters of the work beginning tomorrow. The work is expected to is anticipated to be completed end of spring 2016. (Weather dependent). Access will be from the Eversource right-of-ways located in the following locations: Stepstone Hill Rd, Durham Rd, Michael Dr, Redcoat Ln, Surrey Ln, Long Hill Rd, New England Rd, Briarwood Dr, Jennifers Dr, West Lake Rd, Janeway Dr, and Wilderwood Dr.
- 5-12-14 - Notice Regarding Proposed Cell Tower at 655 Little Meadow Road: AT&T is in the proposal stage to potentially construct a cell tower at this location. This process is governed by the Connecticut Sitting Council and they will accept any letters of opposition from residents. If you have concerns regarding the location of this tower please send your letter to Melanie Bachman, Staff Attorney/Acting Executive Director, Connecticut Sitting Council, 10 Franklin Square, New Britain, CT 06051. If you would like the town to notify you of any information we receive regarding this proposal, provide us your email address by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org sitting council procedure
- 2-19-13 - Looking for Help? A Directory of Human and
Social Services Available to Guilford
Residents. more information
- 8-28-12 - A reminder to
anyone who has not registered their cell numbers
with CT Alert to do so. Being
registered enables you to receive Reverse 911
calls and information regarding any emergency.
Please register as soon as possible as we head
into Hurricane and eventually the Winter
- Connecticut Resources
Recovery Authority- your
recycling program is better and greener than
* Numerous documents are in PDF format and
require Adobe Acrobat Reader. *