Welcome to the Town
of Guilford, CT
A benchmark in the elegant history of Connecticut,
rich and full of life, we take pride in our town and
are pleased that you’ve decided to visit us.
Like us on Facebook!
Click on the links below.
Guilford Town Updates:
- 9-02-14 - Getting to be last call for 375th Merchandise, We still have tshirts (wouldn't it be great to march in the Parade wearing one?) hats, bells, books and photos! email email@example.com if interested in anything. Clearance pricing! $10 shirts, $12 hats, and more. All proceeds go to pay for all activities for the Guilford 375th Anniversary Celebration.
- 8-28-14 -The Branford Exchange Club is hosting an event to support the Shoreline Emergency Services Departments. Honoring Shoreline Heroes will be held on September 23, 2014 at The Woodwinds in Branford. more information
- 8-26-14 -The Police Department has issued the following advisory: Due to anticipated construction to update traffic signals in Guilford on Boston Post Rd (Rt 1) in the 1000 block, at its intersections with Church St (Rt 77) and with State St, today through Thursday from 9am to 3pm, and possibly into next week, motorists are advised that heavy traffic conditions will exist and delays are to be expected. Motorists are requested to seek alternate routes during these times.
- 8-21-14 - The last day lifeguards will be on duty at Lake Quonnipaug will be August 23rd. Hours on August 23rd will be 12-5 p.m. The last day lifeguards will be on duty at Jacobs Beach will be August 27th.
- 8-21-14 - Shoreline Chamber Sponsor's Guilford's first Chowder Challenge for a Cause on Saturday September 27, 2014 from 12 noon to 3 p.m. at the Guilford Green Merchant District. more information
- 7-28-14 - Public Works will begin its Summer 2014 Chip Seal Program beginning the week of August 18, 2014. more information / road list.
- 8-13-14 - It's time to register for the Fall 2014 Parks and Recreation Programs. The Fall Brochure can be found at http://www.guilfordparkrec.com/pdfs/Fall%202014%20Brochure.pdf
- 8-13-14 - The Board of Selectmen is accepting public comment regarding the West Lake Avenue Mill & Overlay project at its meeting August 18, 2014, 8:30 a.m., at the Guilford Town Hall. The comment period will be held open for two weeks. Submit written comments to Town Engineer Jim Portley, 50 Boston Street or call 453-8029.
- 8-18-14 - The Human Services Council is accpeting applications for funding for FY2015-2016. Copies of the application are available in Word format or PDF and are due September 25, 2014.
- 7-18-14 - Who's Next (The Who Tribute Band) will play on August 24 on the Guilford Green. All concerts begin at 6:00 p.m. Feel free to bring a picnic, but alcohol is prohibited on town property.
- 8-07-14 - On Monday, August 4, 2014 the Town of Guilford sold $26,000,000 of twenty year General Obligation Bonds. Proceeds from the bonds will be used to fund construction of the Town's new high school. The bonds were purchased by Robert W. Baird & Co. at an effective rate of 2.957%. The Town received a total of eight bids from national and regional broker/dealers firms. More information can be found in the press release.
- 7-31-14 - Shoreline homeowners and businesses who are subject to coastal flooding can now apply for assistance under a new state low-interest loan program designed to help those residents elevate their homes and businesses from future severe weather and flooding. more information
- 7-24-14 - The Republican Primary is August 12, 2014. If you require an absentee ballot, fill out this application and return it to the Town Clerk's Office as soon as possible. For more information contact the Town Clerk's Office at 453-8001.
- 7-09-14 - The Guilford Lakes Golf Course is having a mid-season membership special. Purchase a golf course membership for $150 for an individual or a family membership for $300. Call the golf course for more information at 453-8214.
- 5-28-14 - Elderly and Disabled Rent Rebate Program Information.
- 5-12-14 - Notice Regarding Proposed Cell Tower at 655 Little Meadow Road: AT&T is in the proposal stage to potentially construct a cell tower at this location. This process is governed by the Connecticut Siting Council and they will accept any letters of opposition from residents. If you have concerns regarding the location of this tower please send your letter to Melanie Bachman, Staff Attorney/Acting Executive Director, Connecticut Siting Council, 10 Franklin Square, New Britain, CT 06051. If you would like the town to notify you of any information we receive regarding this proposal, provide us your email address by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org siting council procedure
- 4-08-14 - The budget and both referendum questions passed at referendum. referendum totals by district View a copy of the Fiscal Year 2014-15 Proposed Budget here: Proposed FY 2014-15 Budget.
- 3-26-14 - A reminder that according to Town Code Section 214-2 (N) – Dogs, except for Seeing dogs, or other pets are prohibited from town property, unless they are on a leash or lead a maximum of seven feet in length and under control of the owner/keeper at all times. Dogs or other pets are also prohibited from digging and destroying lawn or vegetation or causing an annoyance to other property users. In addition, owners/keepers are required to remove and dispose of any animal defecation immediately from the property.
- 3-07-14 - Parks and Recreation Department's Spring/Summer Brochure.
- 3-10-14 - The Guilford Police Department wants to alert residents to fake kidnapping scams. more information
- 2-25-14 - New Financing Program Gives Residents an Opportunity for Greater Energy Savings. more information
- 10-22-13 - The Energy Task Force is looking for members. If you are interested in serving as a member, please fill out an application and send it the Selectman's Office, 31 Park Street, Guilford, CT.
- 10-01-13 - Sign up now for Guilford's Mass Notification System to receive announcements regarding evacuations, weather advisories, road closures and more. more information / Guilford Mass Notification System.
- 7-26-13 - Revaluation Questions and Answers.
-Guilford signs up for new, free
Prescription Drug Discount Program offered by the Connecticut Conference of
Municipalities for residents of
its member towns and cities. more information /www.CTRxDiscountCard.com
- 2-19-13 - Looking for Help? A Directory of Human and
Social Services Available to Guilford
Residents. more information
- 8-28-12 - A reminder to
anyone who has not registered their cell numbers
with CT Alert to do so. Being
registered enables you to receive Reverse 911
calls and information regarding any emergency.
Please register as soon as possible as we head
into Hurricane and eventually the Winter
- Connecticut Resources
Recovery Authority- your
recycling program is better and greener than
* Numerous documents are in PDF format and
require Adobe Acrobat Reader. *