Welcome to the Town
of Guilford, CT
A benchmark in the elegant history of Connecticut,
rich and full of life, we take pride in our town and
are pleased that you’ve decided to visit us.
Like us on Facebook!
Click on the links below.
Guilford Town Updates:
- 11-24-14 - Winter Weather Information
- 11-24-14 - The Annual Holiday Tree Lighting will take place December 5, 2014, 6 p.m., on the Guilford Green.
- 9-24-14 - The Planning and Zoning Commission will hold a public hearing on the Community Coastal Resilience Plan on Wednesday November 18, 2014, 7:30 p.m. at the Community Center. legal notice
- 11-18-14 - Guilford Police to begin its 2014 Click It or Ticket Enforcement Campaign. more information
- 10-30-14 - The Brush and Leaf Disposal Site off Sullivan Drive will be open Monday through Saturday during the month of November. Operating hours will remain the same: 8:00 a.m. to 3:15 p.m.
- 10-08-14 - ***Notice*** Starting on November 1, 2014 there will be a change in the operating hours of the Transfer Station. The new schedule will be Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday from 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. It will still be closed on Wednesday and Sunday.
- 10-24-14 - The State of Connecticut has launched an Ebola virus information website. More information and a link to the website can be found here: State Ebola Information Website
- 10-22-14 - 2014/2015 Heating Season Energy Assistance.
- 10-16-14 - Guilford Press Release on Webster Bank Robbery. photo 1 / photo 2 / photo 3 / photo 4
- 10-03-14 - The Guilford Police Departments wants to alert residents to a number of vehicle break-ins on Little Meadow Road, Latern Hill Road and Nut Plains Road. more information
- 10-01-14 - Plan of Conservation and Development Update Information.
- 9-29-14 - Think Twice Before Posting Signs on Public Trees & Utility Poles. more information / photo
- 9-26-14 - Important Safety Reminders from CL&P to protect customers from scams.
- 9-02-14 - Getting to be last call for 375th Merchandise, We still have tshirts (wouldn't it be great to march in the Parade wearing one?) hats, bells, books and photos! email firstname.lastname@example.org if interested in anything. Clearance pricing! $10 shirts, $12 hats, and more. All proceeds go to pay for all activities for the Guilford 375th Anniversary Celebration.
- 7-31-14 - Shoreline homeowners and businesses who are subject to coastal flooding can now apply for assistance under a new state low-interest loan program designed to help those residents elevate their homes and businesses from future severe weather and flooding. more information
- 5-28-14 - Elderly and Disabled Rent Rebate Program Information.
- 5-12-14 - Notice Regarding Proposed Cell Tower at 655 Little Meadow Road: AT&T is in the proposal stage to potentially construct a cell tower at this location. This process is governed by the Connecticut Siting Council and they will accept any letters of opposition from residents. If you have concerns regarding the location of this tower please send your letter to Melanie Bachman, Staff Attorney/Acting Executive Director, Connecticut Siting Council, 10 Franklin Square, New Britain, CT 06051. If you would like the town to notify you of any information we receive regarding this proposal, provide us your email address by sending an email to email@example.com siting council procedure
- 3-26-14 - A reminder that according to Town Code Section 214-2 (N) – Dogs, except for Seeing dogs, or other pets are prohibited from town property, unless they are on a leash or lead a maximum of seven feet in length and under control of the owner/keeper at all times. Dogs or other pets are also prohibited from digging and destroying lawn or vegetation or causing an annoyance to other property users. In addition, owners/keepers are required to remove and dispose of any animal defecation immediately from the property.
- 3-10-14 - The Guilford Police Department wants to alert residents to fake kidnapping scams. more information
- 2-25-14 - New Financing Program Gives Residents an Opportunity for Greater Energy Savings. more information
- 7-26-13 - Revaluation Questions and Answers.
-Guilford signs up for new, free
Prescription Drug Discount Program offered by the Connecticut Conference of
Municipalities for residents of
its member towns and cities. more information /www.CTRxDiscountCard.com
- 2-19-13 - Looking for Help? A Directory of Human and
Social Services Available to Guilford
Residents. more information
- 8-28-12 - A reminder to
anyone who has not registered their cell numbers
with CT Alert to do so. Being
registered enables you to receive Reverse 911
calls and information regarding any emergency.
Please register as soon as possible as we head
into Hurricane and eventually the Winter
- Connecticut Resources
Recovery Authority- your
recycling program is better and greener than
* Numerous documents are in PDF format and
require Adobe Acrobat Reader. *