Welcome to the Town
of Guilford, CT
A benchmark in the elegant history of Connecticut,
rich and full of life, we take pride in our town and
are pleased that you’ve decided to visit us.
Like us on Facebook!
Click on the links below.
Guilford Town Updates
- 5-03-16 - Proposed Amended Guilford Budget. The Special Town Budget Meeting is scheduled for May 10, 2016, 7:30 p.m. at the Community Center and the referendum will take place May 17, 2016, 7 a.m. to 8 p.m., at all five polling locations. Legal Notice / Voting District Street List/Polling Location
- 4-29-16 - The Board of Selectmen meeting scheduled for Monday, May 2, 2016 has been rescheduled to Wednesday, May 4, 8:30 a.m. at the Guilford Town Hall.
- 4-26-16 - The Board of Selectmen has set a public hearing date of May 11, 2016, 7:30 p.m. at the Community Center to receive public comment on "An Ordinance to Amend the Code of the Town of Guilford - Chapter 218 Peddling and Soliciting." legal notice / draft ordinance
- 4-29-16 - Budget Schedule for the second referendum.
- 4-21-16 Due to reconstruction work, River Street will be closed to traffic beginning Monday, April 25, 2016 through Friday, April 29, 2016 between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Fair Street and Whitfield Street may be used as alternate routes. River Street residents will have access to their homes at all times.
- 2-09-16 - Long Cove/ Mulberry Point / Tuttles Point Water Main Extension Updates
- 2-04-16 - The filing period for the Elderly Tax Relief Program runs from February 1 through May 15. Even if you are currently on the program you must refile annually in order to remain in this program. more information
- 1-29-16 - Eversource Transmission Maintenance will be performing maintenance on existing structures in Guilford. The work is not expected to interrupt electric service to Eversource customers. The Maintenance group plans to start approximately Monday 2/1/16 and will be notifying abutters of the work beginning tomorrow. The work is expected to is anticipated to be completed end of spring 2016. (Weather dependent). Access will be from the Eversource right-of-ways located in the following locations: Stepstone Hill Rd, Durham Rd, Michael Dr, Redcoat Ln, Surrey Ln, Long Hill Rd, New England Rd, Briarwood Dr, Jennifers Dr, West Lake Rd, Janeway Dr, and Wilderwood Dr.
- 5-12-14 - Notice Regarding Proposed Cell Tower at 655 Little Meadow Road: AT&T is in the proposal stage to potentially construct a cell tower at this location. This process is governed by the Connecticut Sitting Council and they will accept any letters of opposition from residents. If you have concerns regarding the location of this tower please send your letter to Melanie Bachman, Staff Attorney/Acting Executive Director, Connecticut Sitting Council, 10 Franklin Square, New Britain, CT 06051. If you would like the town to notify you of any information we receive regarding this proposal, provide us your email address by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org sitting council procedure
- 2-19-13 - Looking for Help? A Directory of Human and
Social Services Available to Guilford
Residents. more information
- 8-28-12 - A reminder to
anyone who has not registered their cell numbers
with CT Alert to do so. Being
registered enables you to receive Reverse 911
calls and information regarding any emergency.
Please register as soon as possible as we head
into Hurricane and eventually the Winter
- Connecticut Resources
Recovery Authority- your
recycling program is better and greener than
* Numerous documents are in PDF format and
require Adobe Acrobat Reader. *