Welcome to the Town
of Guilford, CT
A benchmark in the elegant history of Connecticut,
rich and full of life, we take pride in our town and
are pleased that you’ve decided to visit us.
Like us on Facebook!
Click on the links below.
Guilford Town Updates
- 3-30-17 - The Annual Town Budget Meeting is Tuesday, April 4, 7:30 p.m. at the Community Center. The Budget Referendum is set for Tuesday, April 18, 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. at all polling locations. BOF Published Budget / Budget Referendum Notice / Town Budget Newsletter / Budget Highlights / More Town Budget Information / Voting District Street List
- 2-27-17 - The Reconstruction of Long Hill Road from Route 1 to Hubbard Road will begin next week on March 6, 2017. The Town project was awarded to TradeMark Contractors, LLC of Bristol, CT by the Board of Selectmen on 2/10/2017. The Project is funded by Federal, State and Town monies. Construction is expected to be completed in one year. While there will be some traffic delays, the contractor is obligated to maintain access to all properties and maintain through traffic at all times. The State Project # is 059-161. If there are any questions please call Jim Portley at 203-453-8037.
- 2-23-17 - Long Cove/ Mulberry Point / Tuttles Point Water Main Extension Updates
- 2-02-17 - Elderly Tax Relief Program applications are now available in the Assessor's Office. You must file by the May 15th deadline. Even if you are currently on the program, you must still reapply every year in order to remain eligible. more information
- 1-17-16 - The Board of Assessment Appeals will hold 2017 appeal hearings for October 1, 2015 Supplemental Motor Vehicle only and October 1, 2016 Grand Lists by appointment only / legal notice with list of dates and times.
- 12-21-16 - NOTICE: UNLESS A SIGN IS POSTED ON MILL POND THAT SAYS IT IS SAFE FOR SKATING, PLEASE STAY OFF OF THE ICE.
- 11-24-16 - Winter Weather Information: Overnight Parking Ban is in effect from December 1st through April 1st. There is no on-street parking between the hours of 1:00 a.m. and 7:00 a.m. or whenever snow removal operations are in progress.
- 8-31-16 - The Regional Water Authority Representative Policy Board is seeking candidates to fill an opening on the five-member governing board of the Authority. This is a part-time salaried position, which requires approximately 200 or more hours per year, including business hours. more information
- 7-21-16 - There have been a number of recent black bear sightings in Guilford. Please read this DEEP informational flyer about Black Bears for safety tips.
- 7-13-16 - Revaluation - Why is it in 2017 and not 2018?
- 5-13-16 - The Board of Selectmen conducted a public hearing May 11, 2016, 7:30 p.m. at the Community Center to receive public comment on "An Ordinance to Amend the Code of the Town of Guilford - Chapter 218 Peddling and Soliciting." draft ordinance
- 2-19-13 - Looking for Help? A Directory of Human and
Social Services Available to Guilford
Residents. more information
- 8-28-12 - A reminder to
anyone who has not registered their cell numbers
with CT Alert to do so. Being
registered enables you to receive Reverse 911
calls and information regarding any emergency.
Please register as soon as possible as we head
into Hurricane and eventually the Winter
- Connecticut Resources
Recovery Authority- your
recycling program is better and greener than
* Numerous documents are in PDF format and
require Adobe Acrobat Reader. *