Welcome to the Town
of Guilford, CT
A benchmark in the elegant history of Connecticut,
rich and full of life, we take pride in our town and
are pleased that you’ve decided to visit us.
Like us on Facebook!
Click on the links below.
Guilford Town Updates:
- 3-07-14 - Parks and Recreation Department's Spring/Summer Brochure.
- 2-21-14 -View a copy of the Fiscal Year 2014-15 Proposed Budget here: Proposed FY 2014-15 Budget.
- 3-05-14 - View the First Selectman's Budget Presentation.
- 3-04-14 - The Topping Out Ceremony at the High School is canceled for Friday, March 7th. Unfortunately, the public ceremony scheduled to view the placing of the beam on the new Guilford High School scheduled for this Friday, March 7th will be canceled due to ground conditions at the high school. The fields are snow and ice covered and therefore unsafe for guests to walk across to view the event.
- 3-3-14 - The Board of Assessment Appeal Hearings scheduled for this evening have been postponed. Please contact the Assessor's Office for more information.
- 2-25-14 - The Crystal Ball, one of the 375th Anniversary Committee's signature events, will take place Saturday, March 29, 7:00 p.m to midnight at the Pine Orchard Yacht & Country Club in Branford. view invitation / press release / Eight to the Bar photo / country club photos 1, 2, & 3.
- 2-25-14 - New Financing Program Gives Residents an Opportunity for Greater Energy Savings. more information
- 2-20-14 - Beginning at 5:00 a.m. on Friday, February 21, 2014, the portion of Whitfield Street from Broad Street to Water Street will be temporarily closed in order for the Public Works Department to clear snow in the parking lanes. This is to allow for better emergency vehicle access.
- 12-17-13 - A reminder that sidewalks must be shoveled 24 hours after a snow storm has ended. snow removal ordinance
- 12-13-13 - Winter Weather Information
- 2-04-14 - Board of Assessment Appeal Hearing Dates.
- 1-16-14 - The Connecticut Water Company will be using its telephone notification system in the next few days to call all its customers throughout the state advising them not to let anyone into their home who says they are a water company employee unless they can provide a photo identification.This is not a response to a specific incident but rather is a proactive measure to help protect customers from these types of incidents. This is purely informational, but anyone with questions or concerns can call the water company's customer service team at 1-800-386-5700.
- 12-13-13 - Revaluation notices will be mailed today, December 13, 2013. appeal information / revaluation hearings
- 12-13-13 - CL&P Renews Warning to Customers about Green Dot Scam. more information
- 12-06-13 - Guilford 375th Anniversary Commemorative Bells Ready for Holiday Giving. more information / photo
- 11-27-13 - Shoreline Creative Arts Boutique and Artists Support Guilford 375th Anniversary. more information / photo
- 11-19-13 - The State Has Opened Two More Sandy Relief Intake Centers in Middlesex and New London Counties to Supplement Four Previously Opened Centers in East Haven, Fairfield, Milford and Norwalk. more information
- 11-08-13 - View a video on the Southern most segment of the New England Trail stretching from Long Island Sound through Guilford up to Mount Monadnock in New Hampshire.
- 10-30-13 - The Daily Prep: Does Guilford, Connecticut have New England's Prettiest Town Green? Article by Muffy Aldrich.
- 10-22-13 - The Energy Task Force is looking for members. If you are interested in serving as a member, please fill out an application and send it the Selectman's Office, 31 Park Street, Guilford, CT.
- 10-01-13 - Sign up now for Guilford's Mass Notification System to receive announcements regarding evacuations, weather advisories, road closures and more. more information / Guilford Mass Notification System.
- 7-26-13 - Revaluation Questions and Answers.
- 4-26-13 -
is available to purchase! T-shirts are $18 for
adult sizes, $15 for Youths and Hats are
$22. Contact Veronica Wallace at
203-453-2362 if you are interested.
Merchandise will soon be available for purchase
at Bishop’s Orchards, Page Hardware and Appliance
and Guilford Food Center. photo
-Guilford signs up for new, free
Prescription Drug Discount Program
offered by the Connecticut Conference of
Municipalities for residents of
its member towns and cities. more information /www.CTRxDiscountCard.com
- 2-19-13 -
Looking for Help? A Directory of Human and
Social Services Available to Guilford
Residents. more information
- 8-28-12 -
A reminder to
anyone who has not registered their cell numbers
with CT Alert to do so. Being
registered enables you to receive Reverse 911
calls and information regarding any emergency.
Please register as soon as possible as we head
into Hurricane and eventually the Winter
- Connecticut Resources
Recovery Authority- your
recycling program is better and greener than
* Numerous documents are in PDF format and
require Adobe Acrobat Reader. *