Welcome to the Town
of Guilford, CT
A benchmark in the elegant history of Connecticut,
rich and full of life, we take pride in our town and
are pleased that you’ve decided to visit us.
Like us on Facebook!
Click on the links below.
Guilford Town Updates:
- 7-24-14 - The Republican Primary is August 12, 2014. If you require an absentee ballot, fill out this application and return it to the Town Clerk's Office as soon as possible. For more information contact the Town Clerk's Office at 453-8001.
- 7-18-14 - Shoreline Jazz Collective concert on July 27 beginning at 6:00 pm on the Green. The concert will feature 45 musicians in 3 bands. It is under the direction of Jim Antonucci for the 6th season. Rain site is the Community Center. Feel free to bring a picnic, but alcohol is prohibited on town property. Information on special guest musician Michael Philip Mossman
- 7-18-14 - The British Invasion comes to the Guilford Green in August in honor of the Town's 375th Anniversary. Cast of Beatlemania will perform August 3, Satisfaction (Rolling Stones Tribute Band) will perform August 17 and Who's Next (The Who Tribute Band) will play on August 24. All concerts begin at 6:00 p.m. Feel free to bring a picnic, but alcohol is prohibited on town property.
- 7-09-14 - The Guilford Lakes Golf Course is having a mid-season membership special. Purchase a golf course membership for $150 for an individual or a family membership for $300. Call the golf course for more information at 453-8214.
- 5-28-14 - Elderly and Disabled Rent Rebate Program Information.
- 5-12-14 - Notice Regarding Proposed Cell Tower at 655 Little Meadow Road: AT&T is in the proposal stage to potentially construct a cell tower at this location. This process is governed by the Connecticut Siting Council and they will accept any letters of opposition from residents. If you have concerns regarding the location of this tower please send your letter to Melanie Bachman, Staff Attorney/Acting Executive Director, Connecticut Siting Council, 10 Franklin Square, New Britain, CT 06051. If you would like the town to notify you of any information we receive regarding this proposal, provide us your email address by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org siting council procedure
- 4-08-14 - The budget and both referendum questions passed at referendum. referendum totals by district View a copy of the Fiscal Year 2014-15 Proposed Budget here: Proposed FY 2014-15 Budget.
- 3-26-14 - A reminder that according to Town Code Section 214-2 (N) – Dogs, except for Seeing dogs, or other pets are prohibited from town property, unless they are on a leash or lead a maximum of seven feet in length and under control of the owner/keeper at all times. Dogs or other pets are also prohibited from digging and destroying lawn or vegetation or causing an annoyance to other property users. In addition, owners/keepers are required to remove and dispose of any animal defecation immediately from the property.
- 3-07-14 - Parks and Recreation Department's Spring/Summer Brochure.
- 3-10-14 - The Guilford Police Department wants to alert residents to fake kidnapping scams. more information
- 2-25-14 - New Financing Program Gives Residents an Opportunity for Greater Energy Savings. more information
- 1-16-14 - The Connecticut Water Company will be using its telephone notification system in the next few days to call all its customers throughout the state advising them not to let anyone into their home who says they are a water company employee unless they can provide a photo identification.This is not a response to a specific incident but rather is a proactive measure to help protect customers from these types of incidents. This is purely informational, but anyone with questions or concerns can call the water company's customer service team at 1-800-386-5700.
- 12-13-13 - CL&P Renews Warning to Customers about Green Dot Scam. more information
- 10-22-13 - The Energy Task Force is looking for members. If you are interested in serving as a member, please fill out an application and send it the Selectman's Office, 31 Park Street, Guilford, CT.
- 10-01-13 - Sign up now for Guilford's Mass Notification System to receive announcements regarding evacuations, weather advisories, road closures and more. more information / Guilford Mass Notification System.
- 7-26-13 - Revaluation Questions and Answers.
-Guilford signs up for new, free
Prescription Drug Discount Program offered by the Connecticut Conference of
Municipalities for residents of
its member towns and cities. more information /www.CTRxDiscountCard.com
- 2-19-13 - Looking for Help? A Directory of Human and
Social Services Available to Guilford
Residents. more information
- 8-28-12 - A reminder to
anyone who has not registered their cell numbers
with CT Alert to do so. Being
registered enables you to receive Reverse 911
calls and information regarding any emergency.
Please register as soon as possible as we head
into Hurricane and eventually the Winter
- Connecticut Resources
Recovery Authority- your
recycling program is better and greener than
* Numerous documents are in PDF format and
require Adobe Acrobat Reader. *