Welcome to the Town
of Guilford, CT
A benchmark in the elegant history of Connecticut,
rich and full of life, we take pride in our town and
are pleased that you’ve decided to visit us.
Like us on Facebook!
Click on the links below.
Guilford Town Updates
- 10-26-16 - Great Hill Road from Route 77 to Cook's Lane will be closed to through traffic for installation of a new Box Culvert from Tuesday November 1st until Friday November 4th.
- 8-30-16 - Reminder: Presidential Election is November 8 - if you are not registered to vote please register at www.voterregistration.ct.gov. You must have a valid Connecticut driver’s license to register on line. Or Pick up a registration form at the Town Hall or Guilford Free Library
Please register as soon as possible. Absentee Ballot Application
- 10-07-16 - The Board of Selectmen will hold a public hearing on Tuesday, November 1, 2016, 7:30 p.m. at the Greene Community Center to receive public comment on plans for construction of the Shoreline Greenway Trail from the Madison Town line to the intersection with Route 146. legal notice
- 10-21-16 - Disc Golf Tournament at the Guilford Lakes Golf Course on Saturday, November 5, 2016, 10 a.m., with a shotgun start for participants ages 8 and up. more info / flyer
- 10-24-16 - The Brush and Leaf Disposal Site will be open Monday through Saturday from 8:00 a.m. to 3:15 p.m. for the month of November excluding the week of the 14th for tub grinding. The week of the 14th will operate on a regular schedule - Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday from 8:00 a.m. to 3:15 p.m.
- 10-04-16 - Information from the Conservation Commission regarding Bow Hunting Program at the East River Preserve. press release
- 8-31-16 - Guilford Land Conservation Trust Fall Walks
- 8-31-16 - The Regional Water Authority Representative Policy Board is seeking candidates to fill an opening on the five-member governing board of the Authority. This is a part-time salaried position, which requires approximately 200 or more hours per year, including business hours. more information
- 8-05-16 - The Public Works Department will begin its Chip Sealing Program on August 15, 2016. The following roads will be Chip Sealed this summer: Great Hill Road, Cooks Lane, Long Hill Road, Ledge Hill Road, Whispering Woods, Firetower Road, Moose Hill Road, Granite Road and Clear Lake Manor. Residents are asked to please refrain from parking on or near the following roads during the chip sealing process and drive slowly through areas where you see loose stone. Thank you for your cooperation.
- 7-21-16 - There have been a number of recent black bear sightings in Guilford. Please read this DEEP informational flyer about Black Bears for safety tips.
- 7-13-16 - Revaluation - Why is it in 2017 and not 2018?
- 5-13-16 - The Board of Selectmen conducted a public hearing May 11, 2016, 7:30 p.m. at the Community Center to receive public comment on "An Ordinance to Amend the Code of the Town of Guilford - Chapter 218 Peddling and Soliciting." draft ordinance
- 2-09-16 - Long Cove/ Mulberry Point / Tuttles Point Water Main Extension Updates
- 2-19-13 - Looking for Help? A Directory of Human and
Social Services Available to Guilford
Residents. more information
- 8-28-12 - A reminder to
anyone who has not registered their cell numbers
with CT Alert to do so. Being
registered enables you to receive Reverse 911
calls and information regarding any emergency.
Please register as soon as possible as we head
into Hurricane and eventually the Winter
- Connecticut Resources
Recovery Authority- your
recycling program is better and greener than
* Numerous documents are in PDF format and
require Adobe Acrobat Reader. *